2008-01-28

GD on Leopard

As a once-again proud owner of a feline, I'm building my development environment. I've found an excellent walk-through for installing MySQL, and another instalation guide for GD (PDF) for PHP use. The MacBook Pro is the fastest machine I've ever used, bar none. Such a pleasure, well-worth the investment.

For the record, I'll mention the configure parameters I used to compile GD with full graphics support:

./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include \
  --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib \
  --with-freetype=/usr/X11/

As in the linked-to tutorial, I assume you've installed the full X11 development libraries. With that, the result is:

** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.34:

   Support for PNG library:          yes
   Support for JPEG library:         yes
   Support for Freetype 2.x library: yes
   Support for Fontconfig library:   yes
   Support for Xpm library:          yes
   Support for pthreads:             yes

I hope somebody finds this useful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hy! I saw a blog where they explained how install GD library on leopard. Here http://www.fernandoalou.com/blog/archivo/2008/08/14/7/instalar-la-libreria-gd-en-leopard/